Challenge Learning’s new Lunch & Learn series offers bite-sized corporate education modules designed to foster continuous organizational learning and stimulating employee engagement. The idea being to deliver these modules at midday to allow participation from other time zones, potentially followed by a lunch/breakfast, during which employees will have the time to absorb the topics and discuss with their colleagues.
The courses reflect current topics in organizational development and address the challenges of today’s work environment. They provide a succinct overview of the subject matter, instigate dialogue and outline best practices.
These one-hour long instructor-led training courses can either be delivered in person, via webinar or in a hybrid format. They represent an opportunity for your organization to engage its team member and encourage self-reflection.
We generally recommend a series of 6 modules per-year chosen from the subjects outlined in this brief.
- FACE TO FACE DELIVERY
Classic, instructor-led training delivered in-house – followed by a Q&A
- HYBRID (FACE-TO-FACE + VIDEO CONFERENCE)
Instructor-led training delivered in-house combined with video conference for your remote audiences or employees who cannot leave their desk.
- WEB BASED INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING
Instructor-led training delivered solely online, via web-conference
- The irony of time: a volatile commodity
- Developing awareness: procrastination, other habits and pitfalls
- Setting long, medium and short term objectives
- The Eisenhower Principle of prioritization
- Daily tasks list and calendars
- Discipline and relaxation
MANAGING VIRTUAL TEAMS
- Principles of team effectiveness
- Goals, roles, processes and relationships
- “Out of sight, out of mind”: global vs. local reality
- Setting a pace and strengthening bonds within a virtual team
- Avoiding cross cultural misunderstandings
- Leveraging technology
- Understating good stress and bad stress
- Common reactions to stress and side effects
- Healthy tips for coping with stress
- Organizational and personal causes of stress at work
- Support tools and tips
- Basic understanding of negotiation and alternatives to negotiation
- Setting your objectives
- Understanding your counterpart
- Preparing and building a strategy
- Classic tactics
- Appreciating cultural differences
- Framework for understanding cultural differences
- Relationships to hierarchy, time, space, laws and procedures
- Sources of cross-cultural conflicts and ways of anticipating them
- Recognition, adaptation and reconciliation
- Description, interpretation and emotion
- Communication patterns
BASICS OF TEAM EFFECTIVENESS
- Principles of team effectiveness
- Team spirit a consequence of Clarity of goals, roles, processes and relationships
- Lencioni’s “Dysfunctional Teams”
- Building trust, honesty, accountability, empowerment and support
- The growth of team and team dynamics
BOOSTING MEETING PERFORMANCE
- The ripple effect of meetings at work
- Assessing your meetings and finding ways to improve them
- Best practices for effective meetings
- When not to have meetings
- Facilitation tips for managing effective meetings
- Useful roles to delegate during meetings
COACHING FOR PERFORMANCE
- Understanding motivation (will) and assessing competencies (skills)
- Adapting your leadership style
- The importance of setting objectives
- The 3 types of feedback (appreciative, advice and evaluation)
- The SBI Model for feedback (Situation, Behavior and Impact)
- Checking for understanding
- The GROW Model
HANDLING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
- Clarifying purpose and intent
- Practicing the “conversation wheel” and separating emotions from facts
- Healthy disagreements
- Avoiding emotional escalation
- Preparation, staying on target with topic and synthesizing for closure: 3 essential steps
THRIVING IN CHANGE
- Change: the constant of organizational life
- Natural emotional reactions to change
- Leaders roles in managing the emotion side of change
- Understanding self: attitude towards change and building resilience
- Seeking information and identifying opportunities
MANAGING THE EMAIL BEAST
- Email etiquette
- Subject lines, CCs and BCCs
- Best practices for organizing message content
- Managing your inbox: the zero email inbox
- Alternative forms of communication: when not to use email
TOPICS TAILORED TO YOUR NEEDS
- Do you have burning topics which you would want to address in a series of L&L sessions to a greater audience?
- Companies and organizations are increasingly interested in providing stimulus and input to their employees without devoting 1 or 2 days for residential seminar off work.
- These sessions encourage self-reflection, continuous learning and can offer a forum for conversation and exchange.
- They can be delivered at your office or at another location of your choice, remotely via videoconference or in a hybrid format.
- They can be recorded for people who missed the live event.
- They offer a cost effective learning opportunity to an unlimited number of participants without down-time for travelling.
- Spread during the year at regular intervals they are events that employees look forward to. They can be versatile in their format.
- Topics can be adjusted to your wants. You can cascade topics to deepen a subject.
- Material is sent electronically to participants with additional reading if desired.
- Q&A, chats or discussion may follow.
Prices are subject to location, format, and the number of modules and tailoring needs you wish to opt for.
Travel Expenses in greater Geneva – Lausanne Area are included. Other potential expenses are excluded.
Please contact us for a quote:
Marie Antoinette Orsini
firstname.lastname@example.org +33 60 832 81 51
email@example.com + 41 79 322 58 35